DID YOU KNOW KNOW THAT.........
* Debra Winger was the voice of E.T.
* Pearls melt in vinegar.
* It takes 3,000 cows to supply the NFL with enough leather
for a year's supply of footballs.
* Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads
for dating are already married.
* The 3 most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca-Cola,
and Budweiser, in that order.
* It's possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.
* Humans are the only primates that don't have pigment
in the palms of their hands.
* Ten percent of the Russian government's income comes from the sale
* The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog,"
uses every letterin the alphabet. (Developed by Western Union
to Test telex/two communications)
* Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
* A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.
* The reason firehouses have circular stairways is
from the days of yore when the engines were pulled by horses.
The horses were stabled on the ground floor and figured out
how to walk up straight staircases.
* The airplane Buddy Holly died in was the "American Pie."
(Thus the name of the Don McLean song.)
* Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king
* Spades - King David; Clubs - Alexander the Great;
Hearts - Charlemagne and Diamonds - Julius Caesar.
* 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
* Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted people
without killing them used to burn their houses
so-hence the expression "to get fired."
* Hershey's Kisses are called that because the machine that makes them
looks like it's kissing the conveyor belt.
* The name Jeep came from the abbreviation used in the army
for the "General Purpose" vehicle, G.P.
* The highest point in Pennsylvania is lower than the lowest point
* The only two days of the year in which there are no professional
sports games (MLB, NBA, NHL, or NFL) are the day before and the day after
the Major League All-Star Game.
* Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.
* The mask used by Michael Myers in the original "Halloween" was actually a Captain Kirk mask painted white.
* If you put a raisin in a glass of champagne, it will keep floating to the top and sinking to the bottom.
* Snails can sleep for 3 years without eating.
* Actor Tommy Lee Jones and vice-president Al Gore were freshman
roommates at Harvard.
* The fingerprints of koala bears are virtually indistinguishable
from those of humans, so much so that they could be confused
at a crime scene.
* Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a "Friday the 13th."
* The man, who plays Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott on Star Trek,
is missing the entire middle finger of his right hand.
* The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile
in every five must be straight.
These straight sections are usable as airstrips
in times of war or other emergencies.
* There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
* All of the clocks in the movie "Pulp Fiction" are stuck on 4:20.
How many did you know???
Return to Pearls of Wisdom / Nuggets of Knowledge
Thank you Miz Kitty for so graciously sharing your talent!